NZIBS CPD Member Events 2018
The NZIBS CPD Events count towards your CPD points. 1 hour = 1 CPD point for a NZIBS Member attending this event.
The next NZIBS CPD Member Event:
New Zealand institute of Building Surveyors ‘NZIBS CPD ROADSHOW May 2018’
Speaker: Robin Miller, Registered Member, Director
Organisation: Origin Consultants
Topic: What is the difference between Archaeology and Heritage?
An introduction to the Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga Act 2014 (which covers archaeology) and how heritage is protected under the RMA and the HNZPT list.
The ICOMOS NZ Charter 2010 and what it says about the conservation of cultural heritage in New Zealand.
That’s briefly the regulatory side of things, then for a bit of light relief & interest something on traditional materials and repairs with some case studies, such as:
- Stone decay and potential repair methods;
- Paint versus limewash; and
- Old glass – should it be retained and looked after?
Dates, location and times;
- Wellington – Monday 28 May 2018
- Location: The Arborist Function Centre, Back room, 166 Willis Street, Wellington (Change of venue)
- Time: 4pm – 5.30pm.
- Christchurch – Wednesday, 30 May 2018
- Location: Sudima Airport Hotel, Christchurch Airport Hotel.
- Time: 4pm – 5.30pm.
- Auckland – Thursday, 31 May 2018
- Location: Rydges Hotel, Conference Centre, 59 Federal Street, Auckland CBD. (9 spaces left)
- Time: 7.30am – 9am.
- Tauranga – Friday, 1 June 2018
- Location: Tauranga Yacht Club, 90 Keith Allen Drive, Sulphur Point, Tauranga.
- Time: 12noon – 1.30pm
Registrations will open on 1 April 2018.
Event overview: first 30 minutes; an opportunity for networking and catering will be offered. The following 60 minutes; 30 minute presentation plus a 30 minute workshop panel discussion.
Registrations will open on 1 April 2018 and will close on Monday 14 May 2018, 5pm, for all above events.
For late registrations please contact NZIBS Events team, E: email@example.com.
NZIBS Current Member: $25.00 + GST, per person
Non Member / Guest: $45.00 + GST, per person
NZIBS CPD Event Terms and Conditions:
- All prices indicated are exclusive of GST
- A invoice and receipt will be generated by the Institute Secretary. Your receipt acts as your ticket and entry to the NZIBS CPD Member event.
- To be eligible for the NZIBS Member registration rate, you need to be a current NZIBS full, transitional, retired and or a student member.
- Registrations and payments close off on the Monday 14 May 2018, 5pm or beforehand, no extensions or until sold out.
- The registration fee covers the admin fee, venue cost, AV costs, speaker and any handouts;
- The networking session at the end of the day includes 1 x welcome drink & nibbles,
- The breakfast and or lunch session includes a light breakfast or a light lunch only.
- Last day for payment is Wednesday 16 May 2018, 5pm. If no payment has been made, your registration will be removed.
- If you have a dietary requirements these will need to be provided in writing prior to Monday 14 May 2018. Please ensure you let us know if you have a dietary requirement as the venue is unable to accommodate your dietary requirements if advised on the day or a week prior.
- No refund will be given for any cancellations 20 days and under prior to any NZIBS CPD Member Event 2018 event date. Substitutes are welcome.