Companies / Organisations offering employment
Location: Hastings and Tauranga
Work Type: Full Time
Our client-company, who is a true specialist in their field, has a rare opportunity with two newly created roles due to business growth. One role is in Hastings the other in Tauranga. Both roles are due to business growth. The role requires an experienced building surveyor, building inspector, construction project manager or construction QS with project management experience. Mix of commercial and residential projects. Hands-on building construction knowledge and experience are imperative along with highly developed people skills. Problem solving is key. Project tasks include building inspections/assessments, defect investigations, concept design, scope development, measuring and costing and tendering of both residential and commercial remedial projects.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Detailed weathertightness design
- Conceptual and technical design of remedial works and solutions
- Project management and on site construction monitoring to assess compliance with plans, specifications and building code compliance
- Advising clients on property legislation and compliance with regulations, Building Code, Health and Safety and building contract management
- Defect identification, issue analysis, invasive investigations and failure reporting
- Maintenance advice and preparation of Long-term Maintenance Plans
- Pre-acquisition building surveys, due diligence surveys and Building Condition Assessments
- Preparation of Building Consent applications
- Building inspections to assess compliance with Building Code
- Preparation and assistance in preparing cost estimates for remediation works
- Estimating construction work duration and construction programming
- General contract administration, reviewing costs, contractors claims and preparation of payment schedules
- Inter-personal skills are vital including the ability to listen, to communicate effectively with clients, other building professionals and contractors. The role involves working with people of all ages in varying circumstances. Client empathy is a key principle of the business’ culture.
Do you have the skills to apply for this position? If so, please submit your CV to Helen at Able Personnel email: email@example.com
Building Designer – Part Time
Location: Hawkes Bay
Work Type: Contract
A true specialist company in the building surveying field seeks a Building Designer for this part time, contract role.
- 5+ years building design experience mandatory
- Newly created role due to growth
- Residential design and specific detail development
With the ability to work from home initially, the role may transition to working in a spacious office located in Hastings.
Flexibility abounds: there will be occasions when the role is full time with ‘all hands on deck’, then there may be a lull in workload for a couple of weeks. Projects vary providing stimulation, challenge and satisfaction.
- Redrawing of paper copy building plans into electronic form (CAD, Sketch Up etc.)
- Remodelling of the existing dwellings as part of remedial building work projects
- Developing specific building details
- Compiling and lodging of building consent applications
An LBP Licence is NOT required, however Tech design qualifications are required as a minimum standard including CAD skills to re-draw designs from paper on to a computer, for example. Likewise a qualified architect seeking part-time contract work may be enticed to apply for this position!
Adaptability and an open mind to innovative solutions and methodologies are key aspects of the role.
Seize this opportunity by submitting your CV to Helen at Able Personnel email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking experienced Building Surveyors of all levels to fit within and complement our existing team.
The qualifications and experience required for an experienced Building Surveyor would include a construction or design related degree or diploma with a minimum of 5 years’ practical experience. The candidate would also ideally hold or be working toward membership with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and/or the New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors (NZIBS)
Graduate Building Surveyors will have the relevant tertiary qualification such as a construction, building science or design-related degree or diploma. We will also consider an equivalent qualification that covers knowledge of present and historic New Zealand construction practices and legislation, forensic investigation skills and exposure to the expert witness process.
We provide structured training and career development and our close links with RICS and NZIBS can set you on the path to professional membership. We offer real experience and mentorship to the next generation of property professionals.
Maynard Marks have offices in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch and opportunities exist in all these locations. We offer an excellent remuneration package with the opportunity for personal and professional development. Our company culture is supportive with many opportunities for social interaction working in a relaxed but professional working environment. Any application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Please forward your application and note the role you are looking to apply for, and send it by email to: HR@maynardmarks.co.nz
Do you wish to advertise on this website?
We offer the below forms of advertising;
- Recruitment advertisement
- Organisation profile
- Supporting information or Services