NZIBS CPD Member Events
The NZIBS CPD Events count towards your CPD points. 1 hour = 1 CPD point for a NZIBS Member attending this event.
The next NZIBS CPD Member Event:
New Zealand institute of Building Surveyors ‘NZIBS CPD ROADSHOW NOVEMBER 2017’
CPD Sponsor and Speaker: Alan Page, Associate, Passive Fire. BSc (Mech Eng), GiFireE
Panel speakers: Alan Page and Olsson Fire & Risk senior team member
Organisation: Olsson Fire & Risk
Topic: Passive Fire – “Correct or Not Correct”
Passive fire systems are often currently not installed or inspected correctly and this can lead to the legacy of issues we have today. Alan has worked in the passive fire protection industry for 30 years and at company leadership level for twenty years as a Senior Engineer and Director. Alan was also a co-author of “The Red Book” standards in fire stopping (UK).
Alan Page from Olsson Fire & Risk recently spoke at FireNZ conference regarding Passive Fire Construction Monitoring and changes to improve industry performance.
Alan has operated in many construction markets both nationally and internationally, his expertise lies within passive fire protection, explosion, gas and water seals. Alan’s career has been spent in manufacturing where he introduced and delivered applicator training programmes for passive fire protection and fire stopping, oversaw product testing programmes and field tests and developed site and office QA procedures in Europe, The Middle East and Far East providing on-site support and inspection of both passive fire protection and fire stopping internationally for various manufacturers. This ground-breaking work led to 5 main contractors and sub-contractor companies achieving full 3rd party accreditation in the UK.
Per Olsson and Tony Parkes have also just completed an NZIA CPD roadshow presentation relating to Facades, CLT Building Design, learnings from the Grenfell Fire and Building Environment and Passive Fire issues.
Olsson Fire & Risk is an internationally renowned and respected fire engineering partner to owners, designers and builders for private, commercial and public sector works. Our distinctive combination of excellent service and international expertise enables us to design and tailor unique and accountable fire engineering solutions.
Dates, location and times;
- Wellington – Monday 13 November 2017
- Location: NZIBS Wellington office, Ground Floor, Pharmacy Guild House, 124 Dixon Street, Wellington.
- Time: 4pm – 5.30pm.
- Christchurch – Wednesday, 15 November 2017
- Location: Sudima Airport Hotel, Christchurch Airport Hotel.
- Time: 4pm – 5.30pm.
- Auckland – Thursday, 16 November 2017
- Location: Rydges Hotel, Conference Centre, 59 Federal Street, Auckland CBD.
- Time: 7.30am – 9am.
- Tauranga – Friday, 17 November 2017
- Location: Tauranga Yacht Club, 90 Keith Allen Drive, Sulphur Point, Tauranga.
- Time: 12noon – 1.30pm.
Event overview: the first 30 minutes; an opportunity for networking and catering will be offered. The following 60 minutes; 30 minute presentation plus a 30 minute workshop panel discussion.
Registrations are now open and will close on Monday 6 November 2017, 5pm.
For late registrations please contact NZIBS Events team, E: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proudly brought to you by:
Olsson Fire & Risk
Ph: 0800 637 637
NZIBS Current Member: FREE
Non Member / Guest: $45.00 + GST.
NZIBS CPD Event Terms and Conditions:
- All prices indicated are exclusive of GST
- Non- members, an invoice and receipt will be generated by the Institute Secretary. Your receipt acts as your ticket and entry to the NZIBS CPD Member event.
- For members, the confirmation of attendance email from NZIBS, acts as your ticket and entry to the NZIBS CPD Member event.
- To be eligible for the NZIBS Member registration rate, you need to be a current NZIBS full, transitional, retired and or a student member.
- Registrations and payments close off on the Monday 6 November 2017, 5pm or beforehand, no extensions or until sold out.
- The registration fee covers the admin fee, venue cost, AV costs, speaker and any handouts;
- The networking session at the end of the day includes 1 x welcome drink & nibbles,
- The breakfast and or lunch session includes a light breakfast or a light lunch only.
- Last day for payment is Wednesday 8 November 2017, 5pm. If no payment has been made, your registration will be removed.
- If you have a dietary requirements these will need to be provided in writing prior to Monday 6 November 2017. Please ensure you let us know if you have a dietary requirement as the venue is unable to accommodate your dietary requirements if advised on the day or a week prior.
- No refund will be given for any cancellations 20 days and under prior to any NZIBS CPD Member Event 2017 date. Substitutes are welcome.