The New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors is a national body of skilled, professional building consultants who have extensive knowledge and experience in construction and building related matters. The Institute was started in 1994 and currently has over a hundred Registered Members up and down the country.
Our members work closely with other professionals within related organisations including central and local Government, the Construction Industry Council (CIC), Building Research Association of New Zealand (BRANZ), Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), New Zealand Institute of Building (NZIOB), New Zealand Institute of Architects (NZIA), and Architectural Designers (ADNZ), New Zealand Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NZIQS), Institute of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ) and Builders.
What does a Registered Building Surveyor do?
A Registered Building Surveyor provides expert advice on construction related matters. Registered Building Surveyors are experienced in acting as independent and impartial experts and providing advice and evidence in legal disputes relating in construction related matters, including defective workmanship and leaky building claims.
– General Manager
– General Secretary
NZIBS Executive Committee 2015-2016
– NZIBS President
– NZIBS Vice President
– NZIBS Past President
Executive Committee Meeting Schedule 2017
- Friday 24 March 2017 (Face to Face, prior to the March Training Day) at Auckland Novotel Airport Hotel
- Monday 10 April 2017 (teleconference)
- Monday 15 May 2017 (teleconference)
- Friday 16 June 2017 (Face to Face) at Wellington Airport Conference Centre
- Monday 10 July 2017 (teleconference)
- Monday 14 August 2017 (teleconference)
- Thursday 28 September 2017 (Face to Face) Rydges Hotel Queenstown)
Should you wish to address or present to the NZIBS Executive Committee please contact us on 0800 11 34 00, option 3 or via email.